Tuesday, June 6, 2017

To market we go...

Hi, all!  I'm a week behind, but was so excited to share with you a little peek from our first trip of the season to the Collingswood Farmer's Market over Memorial Day weekend.  Of course this included a MUCH-REQUESTED quesadilla and guacamole from Tortilla Press....
  

  

...and a surprise run-in with the town's May Days, where we had lots of window shopping and face paining fun.

And along with all of that fun, of course there was lots of jewels from the market.  And of course the one that shines brightest at this moment is the plentiful asparagus...
And since there's such an abundance to go around at this moment, I have to share one of my favorite recipes that I make EVERY year during asparagus season with you guys.  ALSO I'm getting to share this recipe with the lovely Collingswood Blogger project again this year...so excited!

So here goes...

Roasted Asparagus & Balsamic Brown Butter with Pasta 
This was one of the first recipes I ever pinned to my Pinterest board, and one I actually moved to my "Pinned & Made" folder early on (don't even get me started on the ratio of pinned to madeJ) hahahahhahaa)  The recipe sounds SUPER FANCY, but is actually sooooooooooooo easy!  

First up is the roasted asparagus (at 350 for 30 minutes)...

Then I boiled some pasta, and while I had it draining in the sink, I added the 1/2 cup of balsamic RIGHT to the spaghetti pot in an effort to do ONE LESS DISH with tonight's dinner!  hahahahahhaa... 

After you let the balsamic boil down for about 5 minutes, you add in a 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar and a few tablespoons of butter and allow that to melt all together... 

Once the butter is melted, toss in the pasta, asparagus & 1/3 cup of grated cheese and MIX, MIX, MIX! 

How easy is THAT???  And I'm tellin ya, the balsamic/butter sauce is NOT to be believed!!!  Boiling the balsamic (and the help of the pinch of brown sugar) sweetens it up, while the butter makes it lovely & luscious.  And we swapped penne for angel hair in the recipe, so you occasionally get a nice twirl of roasted asparagus mixed in.  DELISH!


Hope you have fun trying this one out in our green days of the season😍


Connect with me:

On Instagram  
Through Email
On Youtube
Comment below

As always...thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to thank you for this post, Donna, and to see if you get comments on your blog. I know, from having my own, that they're rare, but I'm always hopeful that readers will engage with you .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...