Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sometimes there are just no words...

So after the gym on Saturday morning, we headed off to Scott's "surprise 'linner' (lunch/dinner:) trip"  And I can't even BEGIN to tell you how excited I was when we rolled up to here:
I have been DYINNNNGGG to go to Ritz Seafood in Voorhees, NJ for....awhile;)  So I knew we were in for a good meal;)

I started with a cup of lobster bisque...which is always just a heavenly treat:) 

Next, I had the Asian pear, spiced walnuts & blue cheese salad....while Scott opted for the Asian Caesar Salad....both were delish!

And finally, I had the "Everything" tilapia; a super light & crisp panko-coated tilapia served with a delicious guava sweet & sour sauce and mashed sweet potatoes... 

And if I hadn't gotten the tilapia, I would have gotten Scott's pick:  the Lobster Club:)  mmmmmmm...complete with bacon, avocado & dijon mayo and a side order of sweet potato fries.... 
OK, OK...both entrees were delicious and all of the food was really good, but lets cut to the chase:  We weren't there for the entrees.  We were the there for the dessert!

Are ya ready??

RITZ'S FAMOUS TRIPLE COCONUT CREAM PIE!!!!!! 

A coconut lover's dream come true...

A layer of fresh whipped cream, (AMAZING) coconut custard and a coconut crust....I mean, come on! 

And the thing that put this baby absolutely OVER THE TOP:  A MOUNTAIN of shaved white chocolate AND TOASTED FRESH COCONUT STRIPS:

PURE GOLD! 
Some desserts just DEFY description...so I'll just let Miss Delilah explain its fabulousness (click on the video link at the bottom of the page...Delilah & I could be BFF, me thinks:)  This may just have been my FAVORITE coconut dessert of ALL TIME...and I've had some GOOD ONES! :)

After we rolled out of Ritz...Scott had ANOTHER dessert stop planned for the way home... 

We got a couple treats to take home...buttttttt since I won't be indulging in them for a few DAYS, I'll tell you about them later:) 
Soooo needless to say after that MONSTER dessert lunch, I was craving a workout more than I was craving ANYTHING for dinner;)

Saturday Morning:  1 hour "Group Groove" Class

Saturday Night:  2 1/2 mile Walk/Jog DVD + Body by Bethenny 10 minute arms + 5 minutes "booty blast" (x2)

I also got to working on my portion of Valentines Day that we'll be having tomorrow...wiitthhhh a little help from this fella: 
Should be yummy:) 

Alright...as I go about my day with visions of Coconut cream pie dancing in my heads, I hope you have a good one:)  And on top of my Valentines planned menu, I even have a valentines-inspired EXERCISE CLASS in the mix for today;)  I'll see how many pictures I can sneak of THAT;)  hahahaha:)

Enjoy your Sunday!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...