Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Time to Give In...

So check out our beautiful snow fall from yesterday morning.  I thought it looked so pretty with the rising sun hitting the snow....

For whatever reason...it reminded me of this picture.  From, what felt like, another lifetime ago yesterday morning:)  (aka-our warm Costa Rica honeymoon:)

Anyway, back to the snow....which Penny kept an eye on....

...while I leisurely enjoyed my baked pumpkin pie oatmeal...always a favorite:)

...along with "Regis" & Kelly, of course:) 
(and no, you're not seeing thing, Regis was subbed by Jerry O'Connell for the day;)  hahahahahhahaha....

Sooooo...I had a whole delicious and healthy dinner planned for last night, but as I was driving home yesterday I just started CRAVING spaghetti & meatballs.  And (and this never happens) since I had EXACTLY what I wanted just waiting to be warmed up in the fridge, I saved my 'extra healthy' dinner for tonight and had exactly what I was wishing for:)

Leftover gravy heated in the saucepan...

Spaghetti in the pot for 7 minutes....

And Bingo....dinner of my dreams last night;) hhahahahahahahaha....

I never mind giving into a cravings, as long as it's something I really, really want:)  And this dinner just hit. the. spot!

So since reheated gravy isn't exactly 'new news,' I thought I'd fill you in on a few other things I've had lately. 

#1-The Black Bean & Corn Enchiladas = LOVED THEM!  You could actually smell the genuine CORN tortilla while these babies were warming up.  Totally quick, delicious and VERY filling!  Perfect, perfect lunch!

#2 - My new favorite pairing:  Blueberry Goat Cheese....

+ Whole Grain pretzels! 
This was sweet & salty fabulousness:)  Plus the carb & protein combo kept me full for awhile, as well.

And for an even sweeter treat, I actually brought the goat cheese to go along with these cinnamon & sugar pita chips for my snack this afternoon.  Should be just as tasty:)

And yes, for the record, I try to keep all of my "healthier" snacks (and QUICK sweet tooth fixes) in plain sight.  The chocolate I usually stash in the back of the freezer:)  (Little tip:  The freezer helps you double check if you REALLY want it, plus it will take you longer to eat.  Good plan, right?;)

Soooo...it's Thursday, which means I'm submitting my Panettone Panini for Miz Helen's Full Plate Thursday:

Annnndd, I was very surprised to find out that she featured my Crispy Vegetable Fritters on her page as well!  I got this nifty little badge and everything:
Thanks again, Miz Helen:)

Soooooo....how bout I picked one of the coldest nights so far this year to decide I really wanted to try out an interval treadmill workout at the gym??  Tell me this isn't going to be a struggle!:)  Oh well, I'll see if I'm really craving a run or really craving my couch....I'll figure that one out on my drive home;) hahahahhahaa...

Have a great Thursday everyone...and stay warm!! :)

What do you guys bring for lunches?  Any quick & healthy suggestions?

1 comment:

kristen said...

can't wait to try those fritters!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...